Two market leaders partner to offer a comprehensive DevOps solution for building enterprise-class mobile applications and ensuring peak performance
Orlando, Fla., and Mountain View, Calif. – April 21, 2015 – Kony, Inc., the leading enterprise mobility company and SOASTA, the leader in performance analytics, today announced a partnership that combines both companies’ capabilities to optimize the performance of enterprise mobile apps across the mobile application development lifecycle.
Through this partnership, Kony and SOASTA will work together to integrate their technologies and combine their expertise to deliver a comprehensive, integrated mobile solution across the DevOps lifecycle for customers. As a result, from prototype to production, mobile apps built on the Kony Mobility Platform can be tested, monitored, measured, analyzed and optimized for peak performance with SOASTA’s TouchTest, CloudTest and mPulse solutions for an integrated Mobile DevOps solution.
According to industry analyst firm Gartner, “The need for automation in mobile application testing is high, and is being driven by agile development practices and a desire to drive quality and features based on user analytics. This pace, combined with a broad and changing device ecosystem, creates a test explosion that without automation will end up crushing all but the most trivial application efforts.” (Gartner, Market Guide for Mobile Application Testing, 3 December 2014)
The Kony Mobility Platform is an open and standards-based, integrated platform that supports the entire application software development lifecycle (SDLC), and empowers enterprises to quickly design, build, deploy and manage multi-edge app experiences. The combined Kony and SOASTA offering delivers an expanded, comprehensive new generation mobile DevOps lifecycle support, including design prototyping, rapid development, functional test automation, back-end integration, deployment, user monitoring and advanced mobile real-time analytics. No other vendor is offering this kind of comprehensive solution. This underscores SOASTA and Kony’s commitment to providing the highest level of mobile developer support, helping enterprise companies align business and IT, while also keeping the rapidly growing mobile user population productive on their systems.
DevOps is a software development method that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, automation and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other information-technology (IT) professionals. DevOps acknowledges the interdependence of software development, quality assurance and IT operations and aims to help an organization rapidly produce software products and services and to improve operations performance.
“In the rapidly growing world of mobile, user experience and application performance are fundamental to enterprise mobile application adoption and success,” said Thomas E. Hogan, CEO, Kony, Inc. “By adding performance analytics and testing solutions to our market-leading enterprise mobility platform, we will empower developers and DevOps teams with the best platform for creating mobile applications at any scale, with the best performance and experience.”
With the integration of Kony and SOASTA, the following new capabilities will be offered to customers:
- Mobile test automation eliminates manual testing delays and accelerates time-to-market, with the SOASTA TouchTest offering
- Continuous performance testing at speed and scale through SOASTA’s patented CloudTest federates millions of cloud-based servers from every major cloud provider
- Access to hundreds of real mobile devices through the cloud for testing at every phase of mobile development, with SOASTA Mobile Device Cloud
- Real User Monitoring (RUM) validates each user experience in real time and correlate real user activity to business metrics through performance analytics, with SOASTA mPulse
“Enterprise mobile application developers will hugely benefit from the partnership between SOASTA and Kony, with the best end-to-end solution to create apps that will perform at the most optimal level,” said Tom Lounibos, CEO, SOASTA. “SOASTA customers are committed to providing the highest level of user experience. Now, Kony customers can also rely on the same market-leading performance analytics to optimize their mobile and Web platforms.
Key benefits of the new end-to-end DevOps platform:
- Continuous test integration and agile delivery enables the business to respond to market and competitive change
- Reuse code and backend APIs across apps, digital channels and form factors
- Leverage the cloud to instantly build, provision, test and scale mobile apps and infrastructure
- Keep up with the rapid pace of new devices, versions, OSs and form factors as they are released
- Use powerful analytics to drive insights, iteration and perfect the UX/UI
- Accelerate performance by analyzing all the real user data in real time in a single pane for quick and accurate insights
- Create visually rich, device-exploiting apps in record time using collaborative WYSIWYM (“what you see is what you get”) design tools
- Guarantee compatibility across a constantly changing device landscape with unmatched 30-day service level agreement (SLA) on new OS updates
- Ensure a mobile app scales in line with the growth of your customers and business
- Define smart, context-aware policies to secure your enterprise apps and ensure data integrity and availability
- Reuse, Integrate and extend high-value LOB processes to mobile users with powerful backend mobile infrastructure
- Ability to automate functional test cases against a variety of devices and form factors
- Significantly reduce quality assurance cycles
- Create proactive testing plans letting enterprises know of problems before their customers do
SOASTA has been recognized by Gartner as a “Leader” in its Magic Quadrant for Integrated Software Quality Suites report published August 28, 2014.
For two years in a row industry analyst firm Gartner placed Kony in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms, published September 2, 2014. Kony also received the highest scores in 3 out of 4 use cases in Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for Mobile Application Development Platforms report published December 24, 2014. In addition, Kony was recognized as “One of the Best Platform Solutions for the Enterprise” amongst Mobile Application Development Platform providers: Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Mobile App Development Platform Solution, 2015-16.
The combined Kony and SOASTA offering is available as part of the Kony Marketplace at community.kony.com/marketplace. For more information and to sign-up for a free account with the Kony Cloud to evaluate products, visit www.kony.com/trials.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Kony is the fastest-growing, cloud-based enterprise mobility solutions company and an industry leader among mobile application development platform (MADP) providers. Kony empowers today’s leading organizations to compete in mobile time by rapidly delivering multi-edge mobile apps across the broadest array of devices and systems, today and in the future. Kony offers ready-to-run business mobile apps to help organizations better engage with customers and partners, as well as increase employee productivity through mobile device access to company systems and information. Powered by Kony’s industry-leading Mobility Platform, enterprises can design, build, configure, and manage mobile apps across the entire software development lifecycle, and get to market faster with a lower total cost of ownership.
Kony was also honored in the Mobile Star Awards for achievements in enterprise application development, named the first place winner in CTIA’s MobITs Awards in the Mobile Applications, Development & Platforms category, and included on the Inc. 500|5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America. For more information, please visit www.kony.com. Connect with Kony on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
SOASTA is the leader in performance analytics. The SOASTA platform enables digital business owners to gain unprecedented and continuous performance insights into their real user experience on mobile and Web devices – in real time, and at scale. With more than 10 million tests performed and more than 100 billion user experiences measured, SOASTA is the digital performance expert trusted by industry-leading companies including Experian, Gilt Groupe, Hallmark, Intuit, Microsoft and Netflix. SOASTA is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. For more information about SOASTA, please visit http://www.soasta.com.
SOASTA is a registered trademark of SOASTA, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.